Grief and Victim Recovery Resources
You may find the following resources helpful if you or a loved one has suffered a loss due to accident or disease.Support Groups
- GriefShare - offers seminars and support groups.
- GriefNet - an internet community of persons dealing with grief, death and major loss and is directed by Cendra Lynn, Ph.D, a clinical psychologist and certified traumatologist.
- The Compassionate Friends - grief support after the loss of a child from any cause.
- Grief Watch - resources for bereaved families & professional caregivers.
- Violent Death Bereavement Society - provides information and training for family members and service providers following a violent death.
- American Cancer Society - Support Programs & Services - the American Cancer society provides a cancer survivors network and other programs for cancer victims and their families.
On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the Five Stages of Loss
Elizabeth Kubler-Ross and David Kessler
The Last Lecture
Life after death: grief therapy after the sudden traumatic death of a family member.: An article from: Perspectives in Psychiatric Care
by Paul T. Colements, Joseph T. DeRanieri, Gloria J. Vigil and Kathleen M. Benasutti
The Farber Law Group is a law firm with more than 30 years experience in representing family members with their wrongful death claims when a family member has died due to the negligence of another. Examples of wrongful death claims include medical or surgical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents and dangerous or defective products.