Tissue and Deglove Injuries
Legal Assistance for People Who Suffered a Tissue or Degloving Injury Due to Motor Vehicle Accidents, Pedestrian Accidents and Industrial Accidents
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury in a Washington motor vehicle accident or an on-the-job accident, you may be seeking answers to your legal questions.The Farber Law Group, a Bellevue Personal injury legal practice, has 30 years experience representing accident victims who have suffered serious tissue injuries and degloving injuries.What is a Degloving Injury?
A degloving injury is a serious and painful injury that requires specialized and immediate medical attention. In a degloving injury, blood supply to tissue can be disrupted and skin, muscles, tendons and nerves can be separated or pulled from the bone. Degloving injuries can be very painful, slow to heal and require multiple surgeries. Often victims are left with extreme scarring, nerve damage or require the amputation of a limb or a digit. Victims sometimes have other serious injuries including traumatic brain or spinal cord injury.
There are two types of serious tissue damage described as a degloving injury:
- In the first type, the skin is completely torn off and the blood supply to the underlying tissue is severed. It is similar to the removal of a glove in that the tissue is scraped back. Often in this kind of injury, the victim has to undergo skin grafts.
- The second type of degloving injury is a "closed" injury. In a closed degloving injury, an extreme force is applied to the tissue causing blood vessels to break but the skin does not actually tear. In a closed injury, some of the tissue may become necrotic (dead) because the blood supply is interrupted. In this type of injury, the skin can become loose or slack because it is no longer connected to the underlying tissues.
- Industrial accidents involving heavy machinery or farm machinery including drill presses or grinders.
- Farming accidents involving farm machinery or tractors
- Motorcycle accidents in which abrasion on the pavement causes a degloving injury to the hands, legs, shoulders or knees.
- Pedestrian or bicycle accidents in which a person is hit by a car or a truck and sometimes dragged on the pavement resulting in scrapes, abrasions and a deglove injury.
- Dog bite attacks in which a dog tears the skin away causing a deglove injury.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious tissue injury due to another’s negligence, you should seek the counsel of a Washington deglove and tissue injury lawyer. With more than 30 years personal injury legal experience, we will work hard to help you obtain the compensation you deserve to cover your medical and surgical bills, lost wages, and for pain and suffering. Herbert Farber, founder of The Farber Law Group, is A/V-rated under Martindale-Hubbell's peer review rating system.Contact a Washington Tissue Injury Attorney
Call us TOLL FREE at 1-800-244-9087 or use our Contact Form. We will provide you with a Free, Confidential, and No Pressure consultation and begin to answer your questions.