- does not have the mental, physical or functional ability to care for him or herself
- an adult with a developmental disability
- an adult with a legal guardian
- an adult living in a long-term care facility including an adult family home, boarding home or nursing home
- an adult living in his or her own home or that of a family member and is receiving home health care services
- an adult with a functional disability that directs a paid personal aide in the performance of a health care task.
If one of your loved ones has been seriously injured or died as a result of nursing home staff negligence or abuse, contact The Farber Law Group, a law firm that specializes in nursing home abuse and neglect.