When Should I Report a Boating Accident?
If you are involved in a boating accident, you must report the accident to the local authorities (sheriff or police department) in the following instances:
- Loss of life
- Injury that requires medical attention beyond first aid
- Disappearance of someone participating in a boating activity
- Damage to a boat or property (i.e., dock) that is $500 or more
- Complete loss of a boat
In addition, you should contact local authorities in the following instances:
- You observe someone operating a boat at an unsafe speed
- You observe someone operating a boat while intoxicated
The Farber Law Group is experienced with maritime law and other Washington State laws as they relate to injuries you may have suffered as a result of a boating accident. In the case of a fatal boating accident, the family is entitled to compensation for the loss of a loved one. Contact The Farber Law Group
for a free consultation, with over 30 years of experience in the Pacific Northwest, we are here to help you.